Modifying a Board

John Panagiotopoulos November 28, 2017

Hi,

We are using Jira Cloud, and are having issues modifying our board.

For our Project we are currently using an "IP: Project Management Workflow" which has the following Step Names:

To Do

In Progress

Done

Now we would like to add more columns. I have tried adding extra workflows, but when i do, it says that no boards have been set up. And I don't know how to setup the boards on Jira Cloud. 

I'm looking at documentation, but it all looks like it's for a different version of Jira. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I am unable to do the following - there is no *** (More) and change board settings

1. From the board, select  (More).
  2. Choose Board settings.
  3. Under General, select the Location field.

Using the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-a-board-764477974.html

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

It sounds like you might be looking at a "Core" board, while reading the docs for a Software installation.

Core boards are very simple and don't have any config, they just follow your workflow.  Add status to your workflows, and more columns will appear for them.

I don't know if you have Jira Software installed.  If you do, then you could change the project to a Software type, and you'll be able to add boards (Kanban or Scrum).  If you don't have Software, then all you can do is edit the workflow - go to the project admin section and look for the workflow scheme, descend into it and edit the workflow (you'll need to be an admin)

Suggest an answer