Modify/extend 3rd party add-ons

Hi everyone,

My team is currently working with some commercial add-ons in Jira Cloud, being one of them the Test Management for Jira tool. For some reasons, in this particular case, we need to add a custom field to test cases that need to be a user picker type.

By default, this add-on does not implement this type of custom field. So we were wondering if it is possible to modify/extend this add-on to adapt to our requirements. And not only for this particular case, if it is possible to modify/extend functionalities of 3rd party add-ons.

Kind regards,
Jesus

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Most add-ons would require you to change their code to do this sort of thing.  I'd suggest reaching out to the authors of the add-on to see if they have this on the road map.

Disclaimer, yes, I work with the authors of the one you've mentioned.  I'm not that close to the developers, but they're friendly - if they have plans to support what you want, they should be able to tell you when, and if they don't, they're always interested in new ideas.  Most other add-on developers I've worked with are similar.

Hi Nic,

Thank you very much for your reply. We'll keep contact with Adaptavist Team then.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Jira

Continuous visibility with the new Jira Software Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud integration

Hey Atlassian community, I am a PM on the Bitbucket Cloud team and I am excited to share that we just released an improvement to the Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud integration. With the newly im...

107 views 0 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you