Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrating mantis to Jira Edited

Hi all, 

I've read https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Mantis and part of  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+CSV

We've been running Mantis for 15 years. History is huge. That's why I want to import only still opened tickets i.e. only tickets with predefined status.

How could I filter the Mantis tickets I want to import in Jira ?

Can I ignore some Mantis statuses in "Set up value mappings" ? 

I don't see how to do this with the wizard (and "Import as blank" or "No mapping" are no solution). It seems to be all or nothing. The solution is maybe to create an abstract of the Mantis DB and migrate from that cleand DB or export as CSV, clean the CSV and import it ...

Any idea is warmly wellcomed. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jul 28, 2020

Hi Jean-François,

I understand you're currently using Mantis and are interested in migrating some of this data into Jira.   However it looks like you have a Jira Cloud site, and the documentation you refer to here is actually for an old version of Jira Server.

Jira Cloud does not have a native Mantis importer, and alas, Jira Server has recently deprecated support for the Mantis importer it had back in 8.3 (it was completely removed from Jira 8.4 and later versions).  More details in Jira 8.3: Importing from Mantis :

This import path has been deprecated and will be removed in Jira 8.4

In Jira 8.4, we will drop support for built-in importers that are dedicated to specific applications, including this one. You will still be able to import data to Jira, provided that you use the CSV or JSON format. For more info, see End of Support announcements.

If you are looking to import directly from Mantis to either Jira Cloud or Jira Server 8.4 (or higher), then your only options are the CSV or json import methods.   I think you have identified that you would likely need to export these issues into CSV, then clean up that file to only include the issues you want in Jira, and then import that processed file.

Alternative to this, you could spin up a Jira Server 8.3 version, and then import all the Mantis data there directly using that importer.  From there you could then use a tool such as the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant to easily choose which projects you want to import into Jira Cloud. 

I hope this helps.

Andy

It helps a lot. Thank you Andy

Investigating the exact same thing at the moment. 

I'll update here if it works... 

Facing the same challenge.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you