Migrating from JIRA Cloud to Server

Daniel Cuthbert June 1, 2018

I've installed jira core, during the installation i specified that i had a backup from out cloud instance

this imported fine, i then applied the licence we have for Jira Core on prem, this also took fine.

I have now installed jira software as some of the existing projects require jira software

however i am unable to license it. 

When i click license on My.atlassin.net it asks for the server ID , i enter the server ID found in my on prem server info and it then says its invalid.. i have typed it , copied it , checked it 

its just not taking it. 

any ideas? 

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2018

What is your server ID for this instance?

If you applied a Jira Core license, please let me know what SEN you used for this.  You can in turn use the same Server ID for the core license in order to create the license for Jira Software.

For Server products, you server ID should be 4 sets of 4 characters with hyphens in between.  AAAA-VVVV-DDDD-WWWW for example.   If you see a different format with more characters, then I think your system might still be trying to refer to the Jira Cloud server ID, which you can't use for creating server license keys.

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2018

You need to contact atlassian support. I doubt anyone will be able to help you out with a licensing issue.

Suggest an answer