Message: Error communicating with the JIRA server, please check your settings

Taber Loveless
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

Have setup Bonfire via plugin manager and have "Accept Remote API Calls" ON but getting message:

Error communicating with the JIRA server, please check your settings.
Hide details
The URL src.drivertech.com:8080/rest/auth/latest/session responded with a status code of 0

If I put the url into my browser and open the output I receive:

{"self":"http://src.drivertech.com:8080/rest/api/latest/user/admin","name":"admin","loginInfo":{"loginCount":17,"previousLoginTime":"2011-07-25T13:49:43.520-0600"}}

Unfortunately I cant the the HTTP request/response from the plugin using Firebug. Is there somthing else I can use to help troubleshoot?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

Hi Taber,

A status code of 0 generally indicates either an offline network connection, a firewall block, or an internal failure with the AJAX request.

Firebug doesn't work with network requests sent by other extensions, but you can use Charles Proxy (http://www.charlesproxy.com/) to inspect all Firefox network traffic.

Cheers,

Gilmore

0 votes
AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2011

I'm now running into the same problem. How did you solve this, Taber?

Bonfire throws the exact same error you noted above, but when I open the url manually I get a response very similiar to the one you posted above -- everything seems to be working fine except bonfire won't connect.

0 votes
AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2011

Firefox 3.6 works fine... problem seems to be limited to Chrome 14.0.835.187 m

0 votes
AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2011

I'm now running into the same problem. How did you solve this, Taber?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events