Mentions randomly not working

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2024

Has anyone experienced mentions randomly failing?

In the Console, I'll see an error for "undefined missing jira/mention/mention-element"

This is all random...if I reload the page, it works again.

On 9.12.4; I did not experience this prior to upgrading from 9.4.X.

mentions-broken.png

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2024

https://jira.getxray.app/browse/XRAY-9729

Was due to X-Ray add-on.

Update: X-Ray believes it's something Atlassian introduced that's causing an interaction with plugin vendors, not just X-ray.

0 votes
Gilles Volluz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2024

FYI, I do get the same console error in Firefox, but not in Chrome. Clearing the cache didn't help, and reloading the page many times as well. What a pain in the ass!

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

@David Yu 

Haven't encounter this but sometime I do run into weird quirks here and there. Usually, clearing of the cache or going into incognito mode takes care of it. 

Suggest an answer