It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Markdown for info panel in Jira new issue view? Edited

I like the new info panels in the new Jira issue view!

We have some automation that creates the old-style panels with the wiki markup, but their styling is broken now in the new view.

Is there a way to create an info panel via the new-style markdown (as opposed to via the WYSIWYG editor)?

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.57.26 AM.png

EDIT: Turns out you can create the new-style panels via the API by using the old-style `{panel}` syntax and choosing the correct `bgColor`. Here are the current colors (sorry, this textbox ate my code formatting):

const InfoPanelColor: {    [K in InfoPanelStyle]: string  } = {    [InfoPanelStyle.Error]: '#ffebe6',    [InfoPanelStyle.Info]: '#e3fcef',    [InfoPanelStyle.Success]: '#e3fcef',    [InfoPanelStyle.Warning]: '#fffae6',  }

So, I'll change this request to: If you break that functionality ^, please provide a substitute. Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Harvey,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I've searched on our documentation and also on the markdown guide, but there is no markdown for info, warning, note, so, for now, it's possible to add only using the WYSIWYG editor.

We still don't have a feature request for that, so please, feel free to raise one on jira.atlassian.com (project JRACLOUD) adding more details and information about why this feature is important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz  Is there support for markdown in the non cloud version?

Hi Scott,

Currently, Server supports only Wiki Markup. We have a feature request suggesting Markdown for Server:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you