Manually Triggered Automation Run Permissions for Project Admins

Steve Goodwin April 3, 2024

Hey there, Community!

BLUF: Is there a way to assign run permissions for a manually triggered automation rule to Jira Project Administrators without creating and maintaining a separate group?

Background
We have a manually triggered automation rule that is enabled for a single Jira project. We've restricted the availability and permissions on the rule so that it can only be run within a specific project (not global or multi-project), and by individuals in a group we've created for the rule.

Now, we want to enable the rule enterprise-wide, and limit its execution to just Project Admin. We'd like to NOT have to rely on a group whose membership needs to be manually updated by Jira Admins since we've got over 100 projects, and at least that many Project Admins. However, I'm not seeing an OTB project admin role in the dropdown to select groups that can run the rule.

Question: Is there a Jira group that automagically contains all Project Admins that we can use? Or, is there another way you can suggest that would let us allow a boat-load of Project Admins to run the rule without having to manually maintain a group?

Thanks!  

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

Hi Steve,

Not that I am aware of. We always just maintained the group manually. This is a request for what I think you want to do. You should vote for and follow it.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-1189

Steve Goodwin April 4, 2024

Thank you, @John Funk. Up-voted.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events