Make a custom field mandatory based on the value selected from the dropdown list of another field

Romel April 12, 2021

Hope I can get some help here!

On the create issue page I have a custom field (Select List (single choice)). Based on one of the values from the drop down list I want to set another custom field as required  If any another value selected from the dropdown list the other custom field should be optional

For e.g.

Custom field - X , values (a1, a2, a3, a4) 

Custom field (Text Field (single line)) - Y 

If and only if a1 is selected from the dropdown list custom field Y should be mandatory, for any other values it should be optional

I tried with the validator and post function option but due to lack of knowledge with Scriptrunner I cant get it to work. 

Note - We do have the Scriptrunner plugin.

2 answers

1 accepted

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

As Ravi has mentioned this specific feature is not available directly within Jira.  There have been feature requests for this in the past for both Jira Server and Jira Cloud

However both have been closed as Won't Fix.  That said, there are 3rd party apps in Marketplace, such as Projectrak (formerly known as Profields) that can provide this kind of field functionality.  There might also be other solutions in Marketplace that can help with this use case.

Cheers,

Andy

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Romel 

This is not possible on cloud. One server (using ScriptRunner) you can achieve this using Behaviours but not on cloud, hopefully in future.

Ravi

Romel April 13, 2021

@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ thanks for your response. Is there any other solution  than using Scriptrunner (something built-in JIra) ?

Suggest an answer