Letting only assignee act on issue? -JIRA 4.4 Customization Question

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

When a project browse permission is given to user, he will be able to see all project issues per security level, this is OK. BUT we need to prevent him work/act on an issue unless he was assigned to it. HOW can we do this , seriously a major requirement.

any solution via workflow transition? I actually dont know how to do this requirment.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2012

Two parts to the answer

1. For status changes (progression through the workflow), see http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow and look for "conditions"
  2. For other activity, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions and, oddly, look for the "current assignee" in the options

The two quirks you might run into

1. The "create" transition is covered in permissions, not workflow (and "assignee" permission there is pointless, because you can't have an assignee until after the issue has entered the creation process)
  2. Browse won't really work for assignee-only, you probably need to think about that more, but as you've mentioned security schemes, I suspect you already have.
wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2012

Many Thanks, yes part 1 worked with my case.

0 votes
wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

No body wants to have this question?

Suggest an answer