LDAP pulling all users, I only want them to pull if they are a memeber of the group jira-users

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Administering JIRA Software

I am am setting up a new instance of JIRA we would like to add AD (LDAP) directory as well as the internal.  I have it working however it is pulling everyone from our AD I only want it to pull users that are int he group jira-users.

Base DN:

DC=WINDOM, DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU, DC=EDU

The Security Group called jira-users is in the following location

CN=jira-users,OU=JIRA,OU=OTS Servies,DC=WINDOM,DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU,DC=EDU

I put the following under User Schema Settings

User Object Filter

(memberOf=CN=jira-users,OU=JIRA,OU=OTS Servies,DC=WINDOM,DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU,DC=EDU)

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

If I put the user group in the base DN then it works.

Great. Glad you got it working.

I just don't understand why it has to be that way, but its working.

This widget could not be displayed.

I looked at that and made changes to my

User Object Filter

(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf=CN=jira-users,OU=JIRA,OU=OTS Servies,DC=WINDOM,DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU,DC=EDU)))

Now I get an error:

Test retrieve user : Failed

org.springframework.ldap.InvalidSearchFilterException: Unbalanced parenthesis; nested exception is javax.naming.directory.InvalidSearchFilterException: Unbalanced parenthesis; remaining name 'DC=WINDOM, DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU, DC=EDU'

It looks like you've one too many closing parentheses at the end - try this.

(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf=CN=jira-users,OU=JIRA,OU=OTS Servies,DC=WINDOM,DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU,DC=EDU))

Now I get

Test retrieve user : Failed

User <mrl19> does not exist

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

167 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you