LDAP pulling all users, I only want them to pull if they are a memeber of the group jira-users

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Administering JIRA Software

I am am setting up a new instance of JIRA we would like to add AD (LDAP) directory as well as the internal.  I have it working however it is pulling everyone from our AD I only want it to pull users that are int he group jira-users.

Base DN:

DC=WINDOM, DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU, DC=EDU

The Security Group called jira-users is in the following location

CN=jira-users,OU=JIRA,OU=OTS Servies,DC=WINDOM,DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU,DC=EDU

I put the following under User Schema Settings

User Object Filter

(memberOf=CN=jira-users,OU=JIRA,OU=OTS Servies,DC=WINDOM,DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU,DC=EDU)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

If I put the user group in the base DN then it works.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2016

Great. Glad you got it working.

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2016

I just don't understand why it has to be that way, but its working.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2016
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2016

I looked at that and made changes to my

User Object Filter

(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf=CN=jira-users,OU=JIRA,OU=OTS Servies,DC=WINDOM,DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU,DC=EDU)))

Now I get an error:

Test retrieve user : Failed

org.springframework.ldap.InvalidSearchFilterException: Unbalanced parenthesis; nested exception is javax.naming.directory.InvalidSearchFilterException: Unbalanced parenthesis; remaining name 'DC=WINDOM, DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU, DC=EDU'
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2016

It looks like you've one too many closing parentheses at the end - try this.

(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberOf=CN=jira-users,OU=JIRA,OU=OTS Servies,DC=WINDOM,DC=OUTREACH,DC=PSU,DC=EDU))

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2016

Now I get

Test retrieve user : Failed

User <mrl19> does not exist

Suggest an answer