Jira running very slow

Nick Sanzotta July 28, 2011

After installing Jira on a newly installed OS, and having users test the performance feedback from them was positive.

Then very next steps I took involed: moving Jira off HSQL to Postgresql database located on the same machine.

Also enabling SSL with a 3rd party Cert.

After testing everything I made the server live shortly after users were complaining of the performance being painfully slow.

*note* this is a small user based install 10 user.

Any suggestions would be very helpful

3 answers

1 vote
Jordan Koppole July 28, 2011

Try checking the dbrespone time.. and the memory usage and cpu load.. These are the parameters that makes a lot of difference.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2011

Can you say what OS you are using?

Also...how did you lay things out and is the machine a desktop or a real server. Depending on your hardware configuration it can also be the cause of the bog down and not Jira.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2011
Nick Sanzotta July 28, 2011

I did not find

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError or
attempt timed out - waited
in my log file.
I read a few threads on this forum where people changed the
maxthreads="150" to maxthreads="400" in there server.xml
and had success on increasing the performance of jira.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2011

Any luck with that? Any of the other stuff in the document help?

Suggest an answer