Jira plugin configuration parameters

AlperH May 12, 2014

Hi,
I have written jira plugin that calls a webservice and displays the results. I need to update the plugin that keeps webservice url as configuration parameter in either database or properties file instead of hardcoding in the code. So that user can edit the configuration parameter without updating the plugin's jar file. I searched the web but could not find any usefull information.
Jira version number is 6.2

Can you advise, how I can achieve this.?

2 answers

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

You can use the plugin settings component, which is available as part of the Atlassian SDK. See https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Storing+plugin+settings for more details.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Use webwork action to capture the configuration data and store it using Active Objects.

Suggest an answer