Jira notification

Paul Henry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 21, 2011

Hi Jira team. I have a question regarding JIRA notifications. I want to set it up so that when i move a story card into a certain swim lane that it kicks off a notification email to certain team members. Is this possible??

1 answer

2 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2011

Yes, it is. Here's how I'd do it:

1) Go to "Workflows" and find the transition that you're interested in. For example, if you want to fire the event when you resolve an issue, find the "Resolve Issue" transition.

2) Look at the "Post Functions" for that transition. There should be an event in there, such as "Fire a Issue Resolved event that can be processed by the listeners.".

3) Go to the notification scheme for the project, and add a notification for that event. Choose the users/groups that you wish to be notified when the event happens.

But what if it's a custom transition that you've created? e.g. "Eat Lunch". In this case, you'll need to set up your own event:

2a) Go to the Events admin page.

2b) Create a "Eating lunch" event.

2c) Go to the "Eat Lunch" transition and add a post function to fire the "Eating lunch" event.

Then use that event in your notification scheme as per step 3 above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events