Jira imap mailbox issue create or comment not working

Hi,

On just one of our mailboxes it appears that recently the create or comment on issues seems to not be working. Please see a snapshot from the logs, and note that it appears on only one mailbox. I have confirmed the mailbox settings, IE authentication, port, imap IP address and such. Can anyne shed some light on this?

avax.mail.FolderClosedException

at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.getProtocol(IMAPMessage.java:149)

at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.getHeader(IMAPMessage.java:715)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService.run(MailFetcherService.java:175)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:61)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:48)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:191)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:516)

2012-05-18 10:35:55,526 JiraQuartzScheduler_Worker-1 ERROR ServiceRunner UK EMS Support_AUTN [service.services.mail.MailFetcherService] UK EMS Support_AUTN[10202]: Exception: null

javax.mail.FolderClosedException

at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.getProtocol(IMAPMessage.java:149)

at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.getHeader(IMAPMessage.java:715)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService.run(MailFetcherService.java:175)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:61)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:48)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:191)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:516)

2012-05-18 10:35:55,526 JiraQuartzScheduler_Worker-1 ERROR ServiceRunner UK EMS Support_AUTN [service.services.mail.MailFetcherService] UK EMS

Any help is appreciated!!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

I have a slightly wobbly old memory of seeing this error before, although it wasn't in Jira. The message you're getting is actually telling you that the email server is refusing access to the IMAP folder you're trying to scan. The exact reason, I can't tell you, although I remember the email server logs telling us what it was doing. It was timeouts or someone renaming something, I think. Check the config on the mailbox, ideally, compare it with one that is working ok.

Can you provide more information about this, I do have the same problem and I'm sure that the mailbox is fine. How am I supposed to compare the configuration of two mailboxes, I'm not Exchange admin and the mailbox is just fine, it works with any other IMAP client!

I'm afraid that's the problem - I had to hand it over to an Exchange admin to debug it.

What was the cause?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,203 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot