Jira home directory wrong

I am upgrading an instance on Windows. It was running as a service.

I ran the upgrade when installing the new version. The person who originally installed the instance(was 5.2.11, now 6.4.5) made the HOME directory 5.2.11-home. I changed the name to 6.4.5, created a new service with the service.bat. I change any references to JIRA_HOME in service.bat. When the service starts it creates the old Jira HOME directory. I tried setting the JIRA_HOME directory as an environment variable. No change.

Anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Needs changing in the properties file too.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Changing+JIRA+Home+Directory+in+jira-application.properties+doesn't+work contains the places you need to make the changes.

AS far as I can see there is no jira-application.properties file in the install directory. Is it not located in the root of the install directory? Also according to the documentation you referenced, should the environment variable not take precedence? Or maybe this has to do with it being ran as a service? To be honest, I am a Linux guy and windows is just a bad dream for me :-)

I found it and you were correct. Thanks :-) Still the documentation needs to be updated though.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

454 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you