Jira download still available after Managed Hosting services stop?

David Loup July 11, 2012

Hi,

I've read on the FAQ that after 31 Dec 2012, Atlassian will not offer Managed Hosting services anymore. We currently use the download version of Jira/Greenhopper and install that on our own servers, so I wanted to check whether this will still be possible and supported with future versions of Jira and is not affected by the end of Managed Hosting at Atlassian.

Regards,

David

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2012

I think that's a question for Atlassian. For managed hosting, I imagine you could just move to OnDemand.

But if you're using the download version of the software, I can't imagine Atlassian removing that, given that it would mean the end of the company.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi, the downloaded versions of JIRA are definitely not affected by this. The announcement only means that hosted versions, aka JIRA Enterprise Hosting and JIRA Studio will be migrated to JIRA OnDemand platform.

Feel free to keep using your downloaded install of JIRA for as long as you like.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

We can move you totally painlessly to a new direct managed services contract in the same data center you are in now. Very similar, yet a little different, services. 24x7 monitoried support and maintenance.

You also can move your license in this case, and we can help you also with renewals on that -

Please contact me at ellen@appfusions.com and I can provide you with some costing options, so there is no interuption in your services, expectations, user experiences.

Suggest an answer