Jira Sprint: Is it possible to delete old Sprints?

Evelyne Bösch February 17, 2020

Hi Community

Users are asking, is there e way to delet "old" sprints, because, as i understand them, they are using sprints as "to do" list. 

When they haven't time for the ticket, they create a new sprint. 

User's statement:

- When moving tickets from one sprint to another, the old sprint remains in the sprint list.

- We are only interested in the current sprint.

- With the CSV export of tickets for our planning, a separate column is generated for each entry, which makes reading them tedious.
On the one hand because of the number of columns and also because the number of columns increases dynamically.

- Is there a possibility to export only the last / current sprint information, respectively. delete the old sprint entries ?

1. Is it possible to delete "old" sprints? 

2. Make this sense? 

BR

ivi

image.png

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Evelyne Bösch February 25, 2020

I have a next question for this: 

User ask now, for not deleting the whole sprint, just "clean" the list in a ticket. (Picture from start post)

Is this possible? 

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

@Evelyne Bösch I don't think that this is possible, as it is built in to the issue's history, which has been designed to enable traceaility. As long as the sprint exists, then it will remain on the list of sprints on the issue

Like Evelyne Bösch likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2020

Hi @Evelyne Bösch,

Yes this is possible.

1. Go to your project, then click on Reports on the project's side menu.
  2. Select the Sprint Report option
  3. Click on the dropdown menu  with the list of all sprints, and select the sprint you would like to delete.
  4. Click on the 3 dots button to the right o this dropdown menu, and select delete sprint
Evelyne Bösch February 17, 2020

@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ 

Thx a lot. 

Then i just have to be sure, that the user have the correct rights for this adjustment.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2020

Yes correct, the user will need to have the manage sprints permission on the project's permission scheme :)

Like Evelyne Bösch likes this
Aleksei KAZACHKOV August 25, 2022

Hello, 

Will this action delete a sprint from a report, a board, a project or an instance please? 

In my case I need to delete a sprint from all tickets of one project. 

Thank you in advance. 

Regards,

Aleksei

ralfius October 10, 2023

Looks like sprint got removed from everywhere even from "Sprints" fields of completed in the past Story. So it is not only removing from report.

Suggest an answer