Jira Service Desk and Jira Software

Susant Prusty July 11, 2016

Hi All,

We are very new to JIRA service desk, we want to implement JIRA service desk on our existing JIRA software environment, can some one help ?

The requirement is we will have the same JIRA in which we will add service desk capability i.e when I want to create project I should be able to create both scrum and service desk projects.

Is it possible ? cause I see service desk as a different installation? any plugins  ?

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2016

You have exactly the right idea.

You take your existing JIRA installation, add Service Desk to it, and you will find you can now create projects for Service Desk as well as Scrum/Kanban/Dev.

Thank you Nic.

Can you please point me to the plugin for service desk URL.

Regards,

Susant

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2016

Best place to get it is from within your JIRA.

It's not an add-on though, it's an application now.  Assuming you are on JIRA 7+, go to Admin -> Manage Applications, and you should have an option to install it there.

Thank you so much Nic.

Let me try.

Regards,

Susant

Andres Orozco October 4, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], with JIRA Service Desk 3.0 and above, does it work the same as before where you can 'map' a Service Desk Project to an existing JIRA Software Project to provide a simplified interface for the agents/customers to create tickets?

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2016

There's no "map".  To get Service Desk on a project, you need to convert the project to a JSD project, but that does not stop you using Software boards and other functions for it.

Andres Orozco October 4, 2016

What happens to the project's current workflow once it is converted to JSD?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2016

Nothing.  You'll want to apply a JSD workflow to the project if you want all the benefits.

Suggest an answer