Jira Reporting Across Projects

Adam Taylor March 25, 2021

I've been tasked with building reports to see the amount of created tickets we've had across multiple projects and to display them in a easy to read graph. The gadgets in Jira don't appear to cut the mustard so didn't know if i would need an add-on from the market place to achieve this. Looking for recommendations.

2 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

7 votes
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Adam Taylor

Custom Charts for Jira is definitely a great option! If you want to consider other commercial apps, we develop Dashboard Hub. This app provides more than 60 ready to go gadgets, pre-defined templates, custom charts, ability to externally share your reports, connect with other Jira instances, Confluence, Insight, Opsgenie, Statuspage...

I've shared this dashboard, where you can see in the second slide a tile chart displaying the projects with the number of open issues. You can see an ITSM dashboard here or a dashboard for agile teams here.

Hope this helps!

Adam Taylor March 26, 2021

Thanks, this is helpful

Like • Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
7 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Adam Taylor ,

I'm Tom from Old Street. If you're looking for easy to read and quick to build reports and charts directly on your Jira dashboards then I would recommend looking at Custom Charts for Jira.

You can quickly and easily build nice looking reports that are both customizable and simple to maintain.

Custom Charts Cloud.png

You can try the app right now for yourself on our interactive app playground: https://www.oldstreetsolutions.com/jira-reporting-playground

I'd be happy to help if you have any questions ðŸ™‚

Kind regards,

Tom - Custom Charts Support Team

Thanks @Tom Harris - Old Street  - I have added the app to review under the trial period. Can you advise if the tile view allows for showing the number of issues currently open within each project?

Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Adam Taylor ,

Yes, this is definitely possible. Here's a tile chart I've just created as an example for you:

Tile Charts Issues Per Project.png

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks,

Amazing, thanks @Tom Harris - Old Street , Can the same be done on line charts? i have 5 projects and i'm wanted to see the trend of closed tickets over say the last 15 months and be able to see if its been higher during certain months for different projects?

Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2021

Hi @Adam Taylor ,

Yes, all the chart types can be used to display the data exactly how you need it. Here's an example showing issues resolved each month grouped by project:

Resolved Issues by Project.png

Hopefully that is what you are looking for ðŸ™‚

Kind regards,

Hi @Tom Harris - Old Street , last question i promise. This may be something i need to raise with Jira directly but is there a way to display the oldest ticket per project. I would like to present this within the tile view but not sure if its possible

Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2021

Hi @Adam Taylor , 

Don't worry, I'm happy to help with any questions! In a previous life, I was a Jira administrator so I know what's it's like to be in your position.

You can certainly find the oldest ticket by using JQL to order the list by created date. That way, when you click on the tile or line chart the result would be displayed with the oldest issues first in the list. With JQL, there isn't a way that I'm aware of (maybe using another add-on) to specify a limit on how many results are returned.

Ideally, you would be able to run a query e.g. All issues in a project, oldest first, only show one result.

Is your use case that you only want to see a single issue when you click on the tile or is ordering the tile results enough for your requirement?

Thanks,

Adam Taylor March 26, 2021

@Tom Harris - Old Street all really useful. We are currently using a time in status app to show us the amount of time on average a ticket is in a certain state. Does your app do this so we can just use the one application? I see a lot of benefits in your application and our internal management are already liking it

Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2021

Hi @Adam Taylor ,

I'm glad to hear your management already like using the app.

Being able to display Time in Status within Custom Charts is something that we are actively developing right now, you can see our progress on our public feature roadmap here: https://ossapps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CCFJ/pages/662274287/Public+Feature+Roadmap

If there's anything else on the backlog that you'd like more information about or new features you would like to suggest you can reach out to us directly through our support portal. This allows us to link your support tickets to the development tickets and you will be updated as soon as the new features are available to you.

https://ossapps.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

I look forward to hearing from you as we continue to develop and improve the app together ðŸ™‚

Thanks,

Adrian Toth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2022

Hi @Tom Harris - Old Street , I hope you're well.

Two questions on Custom Charts for JIRA:

1) Can Custom Charts for JIRA roll up and consolidate reporting for JIRA projects of non-software development types. That is, if the projects are not 'Kanban', 'Scrum', or 'Bug Tracking'?

2) Can Custom Charts for JIRA roll up and consolidate reporting for JIRA projects of different project template types? For example if my department is running 3 Scrum Projects (within Software Development Templates) and 4 Projects management projects (within Work Management Templates)?

Thanks,

Adrian

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events