Jira Plans cannot handle +20 years dates for issues

Lucien Erdin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Hello there :) 

I have a question about Jira plans. We use Jira plans for a long term planning (infrastructure asset-management) where the time horizon sometimes exceeds 20 years from now. 

We use a project where we have defined our structure to map all programms, projects and important milestones to jira issues and there we define all the start and end dates (and obviously update them frequently).

In order to show the whole timeline and use the gantt-view we use jira plans, since "normal" jira can only display a few years. Jira plans on the other hand shows a full timeline which is nice.

The issue we have now, is that when the end date of the issue exceeds 20 years from now (currently this happens when the date is bigger than 01.01.2044) Jira plans subtracts 100 years and throws an error that the end date is before the start date. This seems strange. Is there anyone who has experienced the same and has a solution or is this probably a bug which needs to be fixed by Atlassian?

I hope my explanation is clear.

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-31291 is one place this is tracked

Lucien Erdin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Thanks for the input. That is not exactly what I'm looking for. Our dates are in the Format dd.mm.yyyy (the ticket you posted suggest that we change the date format from yy to yyyy). Do you have any other ideas?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events