Jira Hogging Resoures

Jake Budin September 4, 2018

Hello, does anyone know how to speed up Jira and make it use less resources? It's constantly taking up more than a gig of RAM and is very slow, tough to type anything into text boxes.jira_lag1.jpg

1 answer

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

Jake, 

If I'm not mistaken, it seems that you are showing us a picture of your personal device and the resources that your browser is consuming.

JIRA could be operating slowly on your device, but that may be a device issue. The fact that Firefox is taking up a gig of RAM doesn't tell us much about the state of JIRA at all. Do you have any performance logs for the JIRA application?

Thanks, 

Kian

Hi Kian,

Yeah you're right, I think Firefox is acting up with recent patches, so i'll go use a different browser.

I don't know how to collect JIRA performance logs

Thanks,

-Jake

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

Jake, 

Are you a JIRA Administrator? If you aren't, you won't be able to get the information that could help shed some light into whether or not JIRA is having issues.

Thanks, 

Kian

Kian,

I resolved issue by going to settings (3 bars), Help, Troubleshooting information, Refresh Firefox...

This was a firefox issue.

I appreciate your help nonetheless

Jake Budin October 23, 2019

How do I speed up Jira and Confluence so that they run faster, do you know of any performance tweaks which make the experience more fluid?

Suggest an answer