Jira Filter: Recently updated filter with comments

Yhan Masuyo June 21, 2021

Hi,

I would like to know how to create a filter where i have a ticket not been updated for the last 5 days with comments.

I wrote for updated date " AND updated <= -5d " but Jira considers a status update also a reassign of a ticket or an update from "in progress" to "Pending" because it is mentioned as a comment of an action that happened.

In my case i want a filter to show tickets that havent been updated last 5 days with comments showing progress.

Is this possible?

I also noticed that when someone changes a status for example from "in progress" to "pending" it is generating a comment like this : Yhan Masuyo made changes - 07/Jun/2021 08:20:06PM +0200 but if someone trully comments with his work it then shows Yhan Masuyo added a comment - 07/Jun/2021 08:20:06PM +0200 .

1 answer

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Yhan Masuyo  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You need a script runner plugin for this, it's specific to a JQL function. Without Script Runner plugin you won't get the correct result.  

issueFunction in lastComment("before -5d")

Thanks

V.Y

Yhan Masuyo June 21, 2021

Hi Vikrant,

It mentions "To search by issueFunction please switch to advanced."

I switch to advanced and i add in place of AND updated <= -5d

the line you mention above issueFunction in lastComment("before -5d")

Maybe im doing it wrong cause i get red letters: Unable to find JQL function 'lastComment(before -5d)'.

Like Andrii Krymets likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Yhan Masuyo In order to use IssueFunction Script Runner plugin must be installed in your JIRA instance. Then only it works. 

Thanks!

Yhan Masuyo June 22, 2021

Thank you Vikrant.

I have issuefunction but not lastcomment.

I added AND issueFunction not in commented("after -5d")

Seems to work and presents me all the tt's that do not have a comment for 5 days.

still i check it.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

Hi @Yhan Masuyo  Wow that's great. Script Runner installed in your instance.

You can generate correct result using Issuefunction now. Kindly check below links , having all JQL method based on Comment. 

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.4.48/jira/jql-functions.html#_comments

https://www.adaptavist.com/blog/top-10-most-commonly-used-jira-query-language-functions#commented

Thanks

Shahzad Iqbal August 8, 2022

Hi

I have used the following JQL query to return Tickets last updated within 5 hours by myself

project = ABC AND updated >= -5h

Records Return = 17

which are Right as I had updated them in following areas

• Added Comments on Tickets
  • Changed Status of Ticket from In Progress to Closed etc. 
  • Added Category on Tickets
  • Done assignment of Tickets 

Regards

Suggest an answer