Jira Dashboard gadgets: not all custom fields are available

Elena Moussikaev September 16, 2020

In Jira Dashboard gadgets I don't see all custom fields. Is there any way to add them there?

4 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2020

Hi @Elena Moussikaev ,

If you're looking for an immediate solution to your problem our app Custom Charts for Jira allows you to create charts with single-line text fields as the metric for pie charts, bar charts, two-dimensional statistics and more. You can test the app out right now on our interactive app playground.

App Playground.png

I hope that helps answer your question.

Kind regards,

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

Elena Moussikaev September 17, 2020

hi Tom, I definitely will try it. thank you!

Like Tom Harris - Old Street likes this
Beeraiah Velumula March 18, 2021

Hi @Tom Harris - Old Street -

I need to display Date field in the two dimensional Gadget to represent "Support Group"(X) and "Created Date"(Y). How can I achieve this and Is your Custom Charts for Jira  will resolve this issue..

Thanks in advance...

Velumula

Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Hi @Beeraiah Velumula ,

Yes, this should be possible with Custom Charts for Jira. Here is an example I created on our interactive app playground with Created Date and Assignee in a two-dimensional table:

CreatedDateExample.png

If you have any questions or ideas for new features please let us know: https://ossapps.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Tom - Custom Charts Team

Beeraiah Velumula March 18, 2021

Hi @Tom Harris - Old Street 

Thanks for quick response!

Is it possible to show last 1 week dates in the place of Q1,Q2,Q3....... 

Actually my requirement is in a two dimensional gadget I wanted to show groups like groupA(No.tickets of GroupA), GroupB,GroupC....along X-axis and Created Dates(last 7Days) along Y-axis.

Let me know this can be done using Custom Charts for Jira. Also let me know is it possible to share these Dashboards or Gadgets with the Customers who don't have Jira Agent licences.

Thanks,

Velumula

Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2021

Hi @Beeraiah Velumula ,

In the example screenshot above I have clicked on the "Grouping" option so you can see that while Quarters are currently selected, Days is also an option. You could also change the range to "Last week" or a dynamic range of "-7d".

When you say GroupA, do you mean a custom field or an actual user group?

Sharing dashboards with external users is a top priority on our public feature roadmap that we are currently working on. If all goes well you should expect this functionality in the next 1-2 months.

Tom - Custom Charts Team

0 votes
Answer accepted

What will be your suggestion?

FYI: I am able to see these fields when I work with the Filter Result Gadget.

Also, some of the fields have Date format.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

hi Elena, welcome to the community. it might be because of the custom field type possibly. that is, not all field types are applicable to a gadget. but maybe some other explanation. can you provide more info? gadget? field type? etc...

Hello.

Almost all the custom fields I've added have one line text. Gadgets - I tried many different ones, but as an example, it will be a pie, two-dimensional filter statistics 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2020

text doesn't work well for gadgets

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2020

What exactly is your goal. Understanding that might help me come up with a reasonable solution for you.

My goal is to build a dashboard where I will be able to use these custom fields I've added. Particularly Pie and Two dimensional filter statistics.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2020

Well you have to consider that a text field really doesn’t make sense in a pie chart. Imagine if you were to show a pie chart of a text field, you could have hundreds of slices of that pie just because of one variation in the text this recorded. Now in the filter results gadget displaying the text custom field is perfectly reasonable since it is simply adding that field as a column in the filter results. i’m not sure if this is all making sense or not but the bottom line is text fields simply are not available for most gadgets.

0 votes
Frank Leon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2022

Hi There, 

I wonder if someone can help me.
In Jira I would like to create say fx. a piechart, using numbers as values of my custom fields. 

Say fx. I have customers and I want to see the amunt of money they spent on a chart. Value per customer. 

Is there any way to do it with dashboard, or should I export all the detalis to csv Excel and create my visual report there?

Thanks in advance!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

@Frank Leon , welcome to the Community. Can you please post as new question? this will ensure others see the question.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events