It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Dashboard gadgets: not all custom fields are available Edited

In Jira Dashboard gadgets I don't see all custom fields. Is there any way to add them there?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Sep 16, 2020

hi Elena, welcome to the community. it might be because of the custom field type possibly. that is, not all field types are applicable to a gadget. but maybe some other explanation. can you provide more info? gadget? field type? etc...

Hello.

Almost all the custom fields I've added have one line text. Gadgets - I tried many different ones, but as an example, it will be a pie, two-dimensional filter statistics 

text doesn't work well for gadgets

What exactly is your goal. Understanding that might help me come up with a reasonable solution for you.

My goal is to build a dashboard where I will be able to use these custom fields I've added. Particularly Pie and Two dimensional filter statistics.

Well you have to consider that a text field really doesn’t make sense in a pie chart. Imagine if you were to show a pie chart of a text field, you could have hundreds of slices of that pie just because of one variation in the text this recorded. Now in the filter results gadget displaying the text custom field is perfectly reasonable since it is simply adding that field as a column in the filter results. i’m not sure if this is all making sense or not but the bottom line is text fields simply are not available for most gadgets.

0 votes
Answer accepted

What will be your suggestion?

FYI: I am able to see these fields when I work with the Filter Result Gadget.

Also, some of the fields have Date format.

Hi @Elena Moussikaev ,

If you're looking for an immediate solution to your problem our app Custom Charts for Jira allows you to create charts with single-line text fields as the metric for pie charts, bar charts, two-dimensional statistics and more. You can test the app out right now on our interactive app playground.

App Playground.png

I hope that helps answer your question.

Kind regards,

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

hi Tom, I definitely will try it. thank you!

Like Tom Harris - Old Street likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you