• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Automation - Create new sprint with issue in it

Hello,

Is someone can explain me if it's possible (and how to do) to create with jira automation a new sprint and create issue on it ?

Regards,

Adrien

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Adrien.

First go to your settings in your project and click automation tab. Now you can strat creating an automation rule. :)

The only thing I can think of affecting Sprints is the Branch Rule related Issue block. With that, you are able to run certain conditions for all issues in the sprint. You can imagine putting another block condition inside the Branch Rule block to affect certain issues on your sprint.

I am not sure that it would be the best fit for your need though. Could you describe us what you want to do more precisely please ? You might not need automation maybe.

Let us know ;)

Hi Flavien, thanks for your answer :)

My need is when i create a new sprint, i would like to create default issues in this new sprint.

Below my current test to set a sprint to the issue created in this automation, but i can't find the right parameter to set in Sprint field ...

2020-11-04 15_19_46-Project automation - JIRA.png

2020-11-04 15_19_58-Project automation - JIRA.png

Flavien Gache Community Leader Nov 04, 2020

It seems that it is impossible to select the sprint you just created to put your new tasks.

To work this around, you can trigger the action on the start of the sprint. That way, it would create tasks when the sprint is started but it is not the original need.

Can it be enough to satisfy your need ?

Like Adrien DURAND likes this

Great workaround thanks !

Hi guys, seems to be I found the solution. 

Here an example. Just for your information :)

Screenshot_2.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you