Jira Automation Anonymous user changed the Status

gaurav January 24, 2022

I have created basic JIRA automation. Where is the commit created then moves the issue to IN PROGRESS? The problem is automation is happening by its showing as Anonymous user changed the Status. 

Screenshot 2022-01-24 205844.pngScreenshot 2022-01-24 210001.pngScreenshot 2022-01-24 210041.png

The problem is why it is showing as Anonymous user. 
Automation for JIRA has every permission crossed checked. 

2 answers

0 votes
Utkarsh Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2023

Hi Gaurav,

This change in status might be because of triggers in workflow transition which is a known bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20708

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Hi Gurav,

The Actor is Automation for Jira, which doesn't exactly have a user. Change the Actor to any user account and it will not be reported as an anonymous actor. Cheers!

gaurav January 24, 2022

@Joshua Sneed Contegix  But the thing is this is not always. For some issues in the Screenshot 2022-01-24 215900.pngsame project automation, it shows as  " Automation for Jira " 

Like Noah Hofmann likes this
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2022

Hi Guarav,
You have shown two separate things and I think you are conflating them. One appears to be the Audit log for a commit rule and the other appears to be the action for a different Automation rule. Please clarify. Cheers!

gaurav January 24, 2022

Yes, these two are different but as you said Automation for Jira is not exactly a user as it will appear as anonymous. If I understood correctly.
if the above statement is right then why on other rules it appears as Automation for Jira not anonymous.
Thanks for helping on this issue

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2022

You have not shown the second one to be anonymously run, you have shown it to set the Assignee with known users. So far, I believe it is all working as expected and have not been shown evidence it is not working as expected. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events