Jira 5.2 Plugin Test Console missing

Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

Hello. I have writen a plugin for Jira 5.2.

Now i am about to provide some basic unit and integration tests. Therefore ive followed these instructions

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Run+Wired+Tests+with+the+Plugin+Test+Console

it says that there is a special test console in administration area that can be used to run wired tests in a running instance.

Click Toolbox > Plugin Test Console.
The test console appears. The console lists the type of tests it found in your project.

Im missing that in my administration area. There is no such console. I used to launch jira standalone with jira-debug. I can reproduce it anytime by creating an empty plugin skelleton using SDK. Empty plugin skeletton already has a wired test example. But there is no plugin test console available on atlas-run.

Maybe im missing something? Is there maybe a testconsole plugin that i have to install for that feature?

please help.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2013

finaly found it.

Click on the most right toolbox button on the bottom of the screen.

0 votes
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2013

still waiting for answers.

can anybody confirm that plugin test console is available in jira 5.2 by default?

0 votes
Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2013

still couldnt find it.

Is it maybe a jira 6 feature?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

That functionality was just recently added to the sdk as a dependency. You might want to update to the latest SDK.

Alexej Geldt
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

thanks for picking up my question.

My SDK seems to be up to date.

[INFO] [amps:update]
[INFO] SDK is already at the latest version: 4.2.0

Suggest an answer