JQL to count story points in field

Mark Sim February 6, 2020

Hello,

We are a team using Kanban in Jira 7.13.x DataCenter.  I need to count the numeric value in the Story Points field per assignee.  JQL will be build a filter and used to display a dashboard / Gadget (Pie chart showing assignee + total points).

I've already looked at Scriptrunner but all examples are pointing to the below:

project = "Kristians Dev Project" AND "Start Date" >= startOfMonth() AND "End Date" <= endOfMonth() AND issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total Estimate for All Issues", "originalEstimate.sum()", "Remaining work", "remainingEstimate.sum()", "Time Spent","timeSpent.sum()")

I am not estimating points.  I am simply wanting to count the Story Points field containing values associated to an assignee.  

Thank you

1 answer

2 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Hi @Mark Sim ,

The app Custom Charts for Jira is able to display the Story Point count you're asking for on a Jira dashboard.

There are a number of charts to choose from including pie charts, bar chart, funnel chart and a simple list.

Your question has come at a perfect time as we've been working on this Story Point count feature for the past few weeks and it has just been released to the Atlassian Marketplace!

Here is an image showing how the functionality works:

Count Story Points.png

You can try this out for you self right now on our free interactive app playground.

I hope this is what you're looking for.

Tom

Suggest an answer