• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL to count story points in field

Hello,

We are a team using Kanban in Jira 7.13.x DataCenter.  I need to count the numeric value in the Story Points field per assignee.  JQL will be build a filter and used to display a dashboard / Gadget (Pie chart showing assignee + total points).

I've already looked at Scriptrunner but all examples are pointing to the below:

project = "Kristians Dev Project" AND "Start Date" >= startOfMonth() AND "End Date" <= endOfMonth() AND issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total Estimate for All Issues", "originalEstimate.sum()", "Remaining work", "remainingEstimate.sum()", "Time Spent","timeSpent.sum()")

I am not estimating points.  I am simply wanting to count the Story Points field containing values associated to an assignee.  

Thank you

1 answer

Hi @Mark Sim ,

The app Custom Charts for Jira is able to display the Story Point count you're asking for on a Jira dashboard.

There are a number of charts to choose from including pie charts, bar chart, funnel chart and a simple list.

Your question has come at a perfect time as we've been working on this Story Point count feature for the past few weeks and it has just been released to the Atlassian Marketplace!

Here is an image showing how the functionality works:

Count Story Points.png

You can try this out for you self right now on our free interactive app playground.

I hope this is what you're looking for.

Tom

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you