JQL is it possible to search for issue links created within a date range?

IT Services March 12, 2014

Basically the search paramaters would be:

Project=PRO
"issue link (both in and outward) created date" = today()

Hope that makes sense, I haven't had any luck searching the forums.

Cheers,
Jordan

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
IT Services March 19, 2014

I have found a solution using the script runner plugin. It's a bit cumbersome but does the job.

First I installed the Script Runner plugin, then the query below returns all tickets created and resolved in March that have a ticket from a particular project (KB) linked.

All PROD tickets, created in March that have a KB linked
project = PROD AND status = Resolved AND created >= 2014-03-01 AND created <= 2014-04-01 AND (issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "Duplicates") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "causes") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "depends on") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "relates to") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "similar") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "is caused by") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "is dependent on") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "is duplicated by") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "relates to") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("Project = KB", "is similar to"))

Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2014

Frankly, it's not different from what I suggested, just depending on how you're going to use it in detail :)

2 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2014

Hi Jordan,

If you'd like to search for linked issues of a specific issue, you can use this:

• project = "Project_Key" and issue in linkedIssues("Issue_Key") and created >= startOfDay()

This JQL will list all issues linked to the Issue_Key regardless of link types. Furthermore, this is a built-in JQL function available for use (linkedIssues).

Other than that, if you'd like to find all issues which has a link, you may want to install Script Runner plugin and use the following function:

• issueFunction in hasLinkType("Blocks") OR issueFunction in hasLinkType("Cloners") OR ...

The link types can be found at Administration -> System -> Issue Linking.

Cheers,

Andy

IT Services March 13, 2014

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that quick response. Your solution is close however not quite there.

I am trying to search on the date that the link was created (any type of link in a specific project) not the issue itself.

Is this at all possible?

Cheers,
Jordan

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2014

Do you mean you want to know how many links are created on a specific day in a project? If so, I'm afraid it's not available with JQL at the moment, as far as I know.

Sorry then and have a good day.

Suggest an answer