JIRA summary to presearch while typing like Answers does

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Hi all,

My users want an interface similar to this site.  So when they are creating a JIRA issue and are adding the summary it will search (just like this site does) for similar issues within the same project (or even better in any project in our JIRA instance).  

I am aware of Confluence Questions, but they want this feature in JIRA for the Summary field and I was wondering if it is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

You can also use Similar Issues Finder plugin. It can search while users are typing and it has several other nice features. It has also a cloud version. 

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2015

Awesome. I really like it.

2 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2015

A site similar to this can be created using JIRA Service Desk, have a look at it if you have not already?

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2015

Yeah thanks, but that is quite expensive for just this one feature.

1 vote
Michael September 23, 2015

We do this exact thing today using the Suggestimate plugin.  Works really well and users love it!

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2015

Thanks, I wish I could mark both as correct answers, but due to price I believe I will try the Similar Issues Finder plugin below. Thanks though!

Suggest an answer