JIRA startup failed

Dear Team,

We are facing issue at JIRA startup. 

JIRA.jpg

Does anybody faced this issue and help us to resolve it.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Steven Behnke Community Champion Nov 06, 2018

It 'appears' to be stopping at the following lines:

2018-11-06 11:36:23,829 JIRA-Bootstrap WARN [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] Your memory allocation pool settings need attention
2018-11-06 11:36:23,829 JIRA-Bootstrap WARN [c.a.jira.health.HealthChecks] JIRA runs in a Java virtual machine (JVM), and this JVM is allocated an amount of memory to enable JIRA to run. These amounts can be manually configured.
- The initial memory allocation pool (-Xms) is recommended to be at least 384m.

So -- It's possible this is an error that is either blocking you or slowing down startup. To be clear: The initial memory allocation pool (-Xms) is recommended to be at least 384m.

It's clear from the printed JVM arguments that you have set the settings to 256m.

image.png

The defaults for Jira are a minimum of 384m. Please restore the default settings, at least, and adding more if you have numerous or large plugins installed. The default settings:

JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY="384m"
JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY="768m"

Hi Steven,

I have increased that to 768 as min and 1536 as maximum but it is not working.

Okay, that's too bad but that was just a guess. Next, can you tell us how how the database is configured?

The following lines would print next if all was well -- 

2018-11-06 01:20:59,822 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.SystemDatabaseConfigurationLoader] Reading database configuration from /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml
2018-11-06 01:21:00,144 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup checks.
2018-11-06 01:21:00,144 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] JIRA pre-database startup checks completed successfully.
2018-11-06 01:21:00,393 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Database Product Name is Microsoft SQL Server

However, your logs seem to terminate after Running JIRA startup checks

It would also be nice to see where the logs terminate now, if you could post an updated logs.

HI Steven, It worked.  This was DB issue.

Thanks.

Like 1 person likes this
Steven Behnke Community Champion Nov 06, 2018

Excellent, that's wonderful news. Good luck and I hope all is well.

0 votes

Hello,

What is the issue? It means that Jira is loading. If it keeps loading forever, then you should check logs (atlassian-jira.log).

did not find anything in logs

Yes.... JIRA is loading forever..

0 votes

Please post the logs via a tool like https://pastebin.com/ and provide a link here so that we may assist. If you cannot provide the logs or return answers like 'did not find anything in logs' we cannot help you here.

Redact any sensitive information

Hi

your logs show a number of starts. Is that happening itself or are you restarting the service to try again?

Hi Tom,

I am restarting the same.

Are those the complete logs? It’s unusual for there to be no errors or further info in the logs.

Yes, They are complete logs. I don't have any other logs.

~Hemant

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,371 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you