JIRA sending email notifications to the project email address

Jason Pulido July 6, 2014

I have inbound and outbound email set up for my helpdesk in JIRA. I'm seeing JIRA send emails to the project email address for all notifications though. The loop detection is working properly, but I need to sort out how to make it stop sending notifications to itself.

Thoughts please?

John Alexander

Eugene, OR

6 answers

1 vote
Jason Pulido July 7, 2014

Okay. sorted out the issue. Under System --> Incoming Email Unclick "CC Watchers". It seems that it's picking up the email address of the project as one that should be added as a watcher

0 votes

Well.. not really an answer though. I'd rather it not send email to itself and a lot of my users respond to issues via email comment. Now, they will respond to project-no-reply.. which won't work.

0 votes

I changed the "from" address for the project to project-no-reply and now it's stopped sending to itself. Odd.

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Convert that to the answer, odd but good to know :)

0 votes

The notifications go to Watchers, Current Assignee, Reporter.

The handler creates new ticket or adds comment

No Catch Email configured

Create users is unchecked

Notify users, CC assignee, CC Watchers is checked

I've checked and the project email is not being added as a watcher. It's just insistent on sending emails to itself.

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

What do your notification schemes and mail handlers look like for the project?

Suggest an answer