JIRA sending email notifications to the project email address

I have inbound and outbound email set up for my helpdesk in JIRA. I'm seeing JIRA send emails to the project email address for all notifications though. The loop detection is working properly, but I need to sort out how to make it stop sending notifications to itself.

Thoughts please?

John Alexander

Eugene, OR

6 answers

Okay. sorted out the issue. Under System --> Incoming Email Unclick "CC Watchers". It seems that it's picking up the email address of the project as one that should be added as a watcher

What do your notification schemes and mail handlers look like for the project?

The notifications go to Watchers, Current Assignee, Reporter.

The handler creates new ticket or adds comment

No Catch Email configured

Create users is unchecked

Notify users, CC assignee, CC Watchers is checked

I've checked and the project email is not being added as a watcher. It's just insistent on sending emails to itself.

Convert that to the answer, odd but good to know :)

I changed the "from" address for the project to project-no-reply and now it's stopped sending to itself. Odd.

Well.. not really an answer though. I'd rather it not send email to itself and a lot of my users respond to issues via email comment. Now, they will respond to project-no-reply.. which won't work.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

111 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you