JIRA not showing on IE9

Izzuddin December 27, 2017

Hello All,

Our organization is using on prem JIRA with JIRA Service Desk 3.6.2 and JIRA Core 7.4.2. For browser we are using IE10 and Google Chrome.

We have set JIRA to email to reporters and relevant party when a new JIRA ticket is raised. Together with the email notification, there is a view request link in the email.

The issue is when we click on the view request, if open using IE10, Instead viewing the ticket, we got this instead.

Service Desk {"login":{"allowCookies":true,"externalUserManagement":false,"contactAdminLink":"please contact your JIRA administrators","elevatedSecurityCheckShown":false,"loginUrl":"/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/user/login","canReset":true,"googleApps":{"enabled":false},"sdUserSignUpEnabled":false},"branding":{"id":"1","key":"bibd","name":"Welcome! Please select one of the services below:","portalBaseUrl":"/servicedesk/customer/portal/1","logoUrl":"/rest/servicedesk/1/customer/viewport-resources/image/2","theme":{"headerBGColor":"#6f084e","headerLinkColor":"#ffffff","headerLinkHoverColor":"#94126b","headerLinkHoverBGColor":"#94126b","headerBadgeColor":"#94126b"}},"helpCenterBranding":{"headerBGColor":"#520229","headerLinkColor":"#ffffff","headerLinkHoverColor":"#ffffff","headerLinkHoverBGColor":"#841367","logoUrl":"/rest/servicedesk/1/customer/viewport-resources/image/6","logoId":"6","helpCenterTitle":"Welcome to BIBD Service Desk","sharedPortalName":"BIBD Service Desk"},"xsrfToken":"BIIW-V6FP-U4C9-B6SQ|451d02c842c7410db6baa439ba216b9378d085b8|lout"}{"headless":false,"tourEnabled":false,"wacLink":"http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk","serviceDeskVersion":"3.6.2","contextPath":"","xsrfToken":"BIIW-V6FP-U4C9-B6SQ|451d02c842c7410db6baa439ba216b9378d085b8|lout","baseUrl":"http://192.168.248.45/servicedesk/customer","relativeBaseUrl":"/servicedesk/customer","customerLoginEnabled":true,"maxAttachmentSize":"10485760","gravatarEnabled":true,"onDemand":false,"disabledFeatures":[],"enabledDarkFeatures":["nps.survey.inline.dialog","jira.plugin.devstatus.phasetwo","jira.frother.report..."]}}

However, if we open it using Google Chrome, it works well.

I have browsed around to check the issue and have done most if not all the solutions provided to solve the issue. None works in this case.

I do hope someone can help me out with this issue.

Thank you,

Izzuddin

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

IE is generally only useful for downloading proper browsers, even in its latest version ;-)

Less flippantly, IE9 and IE10 are not supportable for Jira 7.4, you need to be using 11 or Edge if you want to use IE with Jira.

Izzuddin December 28, 2017

Hehehehe noted on the usefulness of IE.

Will use IE11 and try it again.

Thank you :)

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

A long time ago I learned that Atlassian Products can have some weird behavior with IE. I personally always recommend to my users Chrome, Safari or FireFox.

Best

Izzuddin December 28, 2017

Noted on this irregularity with IE. 

Thank you :)

Suggest an answer