JIRA is not responding

ADDITION: I edited the server config to listen at 8100 instead of 8080, and that seems to fix the error... but i want to figure out the main problem or get it to permanently use 8100... suggestions? the config reading from inside of the JIRA interface still points to 8080...

I've attached the log files... it seems to refuse to start

(catalina.2012-05-14.log) (jira290312151400-stderr.2012-05-14.log) (localhost.2012-05-14.log) (jira290312151400-stdout.2012-05-14.log) (commons-daemon.2012-05-14.log) (host-manager.2012-05-14.log)

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Looks like yolu misconfigured your Tomcat config:

java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: [730048] Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.

Probably a duplicate port entry in server.xml ?

Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Oct 28, 2012

Based on the log you provided, it seems that there is something else using port 8080. Do you have any applications that might be using it?

Could you please post your server.xml as well? I assume port 8080 is not in use when Jira is shut down
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Oct 23, 2012

May I know which version of JIRA you are using?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you