JIRA LDAP - How to exclude group information for Active Directory?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

I got the LDAP setup correctly in JIRA 4.3.4, but now it is irritating to go through all the groups from LDAP that I dont care and the IT team are not planning to update those groups anytime soon. I currently set up the LDAP in JIRA as "read-only witih group information", but when I try to delete, it said permission denied.

Is there a way we can just get the user information and not group information?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

The old way is to set a dummy searchbase for groups - should work now as well.

BTW you will be (you should be anyway) able to delete the directory if you log in with a user that is nto a member of that directory. So you should always have one user with a strong password that is a member of jira's internal directory.

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

The old way works as a charm! Thank you!

Suggest an answer