JIRA - Default dashboard by group level

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

is there a way we can enforce a default dashboard base on the group that you are in? System Dashboard is nice but it's across all JIRA users.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

4 votes
Radek Budař July 27, 2011

Hallo, the same question i posted 2-3 days ago to Atllassian support - https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-85780. Here is the answer.

I'm sorry to tell you it is not possible with JIRA currently. The system was design so every user can create and customize their own dashboard to suits their need. Taking away user choice (by forcing a gadget/dashboard) would rapidly generate a flood of demand to remove it.

Apologies for the complexity. We tried to make the system as flexible as possible, but there always seem to be edge cases that are difficult to handle.

I hope this answer your question. Let me know if there anything else I could help you with.

Cheers,
Vicky Kharisma
Atlassian Support

Mitch Harris October 6, 2013

I dont think this answers the question. Eva wanted to be able to change the default, not eliminate choice.

I dont think this is an edge case either. What about the situation where one small group of power users is providing support/dev and another group (the majority) are basically just raising tickets? You want to provide something visually simple for new users not overwhelm then with complex choices and pop ups about new features!

Like alex.munoz likes this
3 votes
Elliott Barrere February 20, 2014

I 100% agree with Mitch here.

Just a generic gripe, but it is extremely frustrating to find Atlassian ignoring power users and anyone except the _very_ mainstream in favor of developing new features that most of us won't use...

Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

+1

Mrityunjay Kant May 26, 2016

I agree, not everyone is using the software with same intent. different sets of users have different needs and different types of projects. Being able to set the System Dashboard at a user level is a highly desirable feature. Not everyone is interested in customizing the dash and use it as they see fit.

Adding this feature does not take away any choice as they can always override the chosen dash and set some other custom dash as their default one.

Suggest an answer