JIRA Cloud high level Architecture diagram

Abhishek Singh October 3, 2018

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can find the high level architecture diagram for the cloud JIRA? From what I could get from the details available on the public site, it runs on AWS, uses PostgreSQL as the DB but no complete architecture diagram for it. The closest I could find was for the JIRA Data Center using AWS: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/getting-started-with-jira-data-center-on-aws-938846966.html

Thanks,

-Abhishek

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2019

Hi @Abhishek Singh - just wanted to follow-up here!

We recently published a cloud infrastructure diagram that includes a description of how our cloud architecture is set up, how requests are processed in Jira or Confluence, and how we handle performance and availability.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-architecture-973494795.html

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2018

There isn't one.

This is because you don't care. 

Cloud Jira  (and the rest) provides you a service.  How that works and what it is built on is utterly irrelevant to the end user.

Abhishek Singh October 5, 2018

Thanks Nic.

Yes, we as an end user may not care but at an Enterprise level, we need to perform a vendor security review and this is one of the artifact they are looking for to determine how their data is being handled by the vendor.

I have seen other SaaS vendors doing the same where they share the high level Architecture diagram and substantiate in what capacity they plan to store the customers data and how it is highly secured.

Atlassian has some good documentation on their data privacy and unfortunately that does not seem to be sufficient for the team which does the vendor security reviews at my Organization.

The Atlassian support team has reached back to us with some additional documentation and I am waiting for the internal team to confirm whether that is sufficient or not at this point.

Like # people like this
jamie.oconnor November 25, 2019

hello Abhishek,

Did you ever find out if the documents provided were sufficient.

I'm currently being asked the same question.

Abhishek Singh November 25, 2019

Hi Jamie, I Believe so. I don't remember the specifics but I was able to get all the necessary information to our security team and make our SaaS JIRA instance compliant as per our security guidelines.

Aravind Gopalakrishnan August 19, 2021

Hi, I was actually looking for the same JIRA Cloud Solution Design/Architecture diagram/document to satisfy one of our internal Architecture Office requirements. We are doing a proof of concept with JIRA Software Cloud with Advanced Roadmaps, so we are asked to produce the JIRA Cloud Solution Design/Architecture document. Any links that you could provide?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2021

It is the same as above - you probably shouldn't really need it as you're buying a service, but if you insist, then point your auditors/compliance/whatever people at the docs Lauren gave us - they're actively maintained, and tell you everything you're going to get.

1 vote
Griffin Jones
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2021
Aravind Gopalakrishnan September 14, 2021

Thanks @Griffin Jones 

Suggest an answer