JIRA 4.4 - osuser.xml ignored

Peter Peter August 3, 2011

I am using the same osuser.xml that has worked successfully in version 4.0 and version 4.3, but I imported my data and now I can't login to 4.4.

I am only testing 4.4 right now, so it isn't critical.

----

Using the "reset" option, I was able to login, but I am missing JIRA Delegated Authentication Directory . I can't manually add it.

3 answers

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2014

Hi Peter,

Are you adding this new directory item in the osuser.xml file or directly in JIRA's User Directory page?

As Penny mentioned, the xml file is not used anymore since JIRA 4.3, when all LDAP connection information was migrated into JIRA's database and is configured directly at Administration > User Management > User Directories.

0 votes
Francesco Labate
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 9, 2014

I did this way and it worked fine.

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2011

osuser.xml became obsolete in JIRA 4.3 when it was replaced with the User Directories configuration UI within JIRA.

When you upgraded successfully from 4.0 to 4.3, you probably would have put the osuser.xml into WEB-INF\classes for JIRA to pick up and convert as part of the upgrade process ( See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.3+Upgrade+Guide ). From then on, the osuser.xml file is completely ignored and the external user configuration is stored in the JIRA database.

When you say you can't manually add it, do you mean through osuser.xml or through the UI? When you attempt to manually add it through the User Directories admin page, what happens?

Peter Peter August 4, 2011

I have been able to add a Microsoft Active Directory item, but it appears to be ignoring it. Also on the login page, it still gives me the option to "send me my password". It is acting like External Password Management is turned off.

Francesco Labate
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 9, 2014

I think the only chance you have is to replace the database folder with a previous copy of it if you have, then login again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events