I am on Jira Cloud and created a version. I added an issue to that version while in the backlog and the version showed up in the row. The issue also displays the associated version in "Fix Versions" field.
After adding it to the version, I can click on the Version in the backlog and it will filter correctly.
If I refresh the page at this point and click on the new version again, it is no longer there. The issue still has the version associated with it, but it does not show up in the filtered backlog. The issue does not display under the Releases page either.
The only possible resolution I could find was to re-index my instance manually but it appears that option has been deprecated for Cloud, so I am not sure what to do now.
Just to confirm, the steps I took to reproduce were:
It sounds like the last bullet point isn't working for you.
Is this happening for all issues or just this specific one? And is it just an issue on that one board?
It would be great if you could provide a screenshot of the issue in the backlog with the version name label, alongside screenshots of the filtered view and the Releases page for that version! This will help us analyse the specific issue.
For what it's worth, I am using a classic Scrum board, and yes - those are basically the same steps I am performing. It happens on any issue with that project. I just tested it on another Scrum board and the same behavior is there too.
I did have the "Fix versions" and "Affects version" fields hidden in the Field Configuration when I originally created a version for the first time. The same behavior (where the issue would display as being added to the version, but not persist) was happening but I couldn't see the "Fix version" field to verify it was actually being added. That is when I went in and clicked "Show" on those field configurations.
At first I thought maybe that was affecting it, but the same behavior persists even on the other board after creating fresh versions even after enabling/unhiding those fields.
Please see the attached GIF for exactly what I'm seeing.
I'm not sure which of the following resolved it, but I did these steps:
I assume "Select List Renderer" is not an actual option, but it seems like toggling this option fixed it. It could have also been toggling between Hide/Show.
This is a user experience FYI ATLASSIAN
There is no point allowing a user to config in the issue screen when if the FIELD CONFIG over rides this !
e.g. set FIX Version in my issue config view to show BUT it couldn't be seen as the ACTION in the FILED CONFIG has it as HIDE
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events