Issues have stopped appearing on all Scrum boards of a project

Melanie Pasztor November 1, 2019

Hello!

I am troubleshooting an issue where all of the couple of dozen scrum agile boards of a project have stopped displaying their jira issues despite the filters still working outside of the board, or with a board of another project. 

Been following this article...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issues-are-not-appearing-in-boards-779159013.html

...but none of it works. Same boards and project on our test/development instance are working. Only difference between the two is couple of project role changes, one new board was created, and a user group was replaced with another by me in the permission scheme one week before. 

Only thing have not done yet at this moment is completing a re-index (which takes forever with our production while still running) and a restart of Jira and SQL server. 

It is the first time i've seen a Scrum or Kanban board stop working, for any users, regardless of permissions. Cannot find any related error in the logs. 

Tried different things, checked all of the permissions and roles multiple times, tried with various user profiles, and such. So much that I am going to feel real dumb if it is something obvious.

Suggestions of what else can be done to look into this?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Hi @Melanie Pasztor

There's quite a significant list in that article - if you've tried the simple things like:

• Check if the workflow has changed - which could hide the issues if the status is no longer a column. Check unmapped statuses in Columns to see if any have a number of issues
  • Try changing the filter to something simple - such as "project = XYZ"
  • Try writing a new filter and then just changing the filter itself directly - rather than editing the existing one
  • Ensure the filter is shared with the project / everyone - not just one user

^ ...then it might be time to try a reindex.

Ste

Melanie Pasztor November 4, 2019

Yes, i've done the things in the list before asking here, along with other troubleshooting. :)

The re-index and restart appears to have resolved it though, with issues on boards with active sprints re-appearing, and in their backlogs. 

This Jira database is over a decade old, and the affected project nearly as old.  

0 votes
Srikanth Ganipisetty September 13, 2023

Similar Issue still exists on v9.5 and raised a support ticket

Thanks,

Srikanth Ganipisetty

Suggest an answer