Is there any script that I can run to automatically close a sub-task once the story is closed?

We are currently using the sub-task issue type for our Test Cases relating to specific stories. Is there any builtin script or other script that I can run that would automatically close a sub-task once the story is closed?

I have found how to close a story if all sub-tasks have been completed but need the opposite funtionality if possible.

Currently using JIRA version 5.10

3 answers

Provided you have the appropriate transitions available, you can use the CLI Plugin for JIRA to add a post function to the close transition to run something similar to the following:

--action runFromIssueList --search "parent = %issue_key% and status not in (Closed)" --common "-a progressIssue --issue @issue@ --step \"Close issue\" --resolution Fixed "

I don't have the CLI Plugin. Is there another alternative?

Thank you,

You can try Jamie Echlin's Script Runner plugin which has some built in postfunctions to autoclose subtasks.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions

I'll give it a try.

Thanks so much.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you