Is there a way to have a group defined that provides membership to other groups?

Thomas Ehardt June 22, 2011

Let's say that the average user gets assigned to multiple groups, and the list of groups varies based on the user type.

jdoe is a helpdesk user and is added to the groups help-issues, dba-assign, dev-assign, ops-assign

jschmo is another helpdesk user and is also added to the groups help-issues, dba-assign, dev-assign, ops-assign

Rather than assign each user to these groups, I'd rather create a group called, say, helpdesk and add users to that group. Adding a user to the helpdesk group gives him membership in help-issues, dba-assign, dev-assign, and ops-assign.

Fast forward to a year from now, and I have 1,000 help desk users and a new group they each membership in (foo-assign). Rather than putting each user into the group, I add membership to the helpdesk group and all users now have membership.

Is anything like this possible in JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2011

Suggest an answer