Is there a way to disable/restrict a USER from accessing POPULAR dashboards?

Archie Crichton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 23, 2011

I have a version of Jira that has multiple customers, each with access only to their project. However, when looking at the DASHBOARDS, any user can select any "shared" dashboard from the POPULAR dashboards. In some cases, two competeing projects may be able to identify their competitors project. Granted the full details and specifics are not accessible, there is the possibility of figuring it out. This could be done through the AUTHOR of the shared dashboard. I want to restrict specific users from accessing any dashboards outside of the project. So far, it looks as though the only way to do this is to force everyone to not share any dashboards.

There has to be a better way.

Thank everyone for their input.

1 answer

2 votes
Michael Tokar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2011

Hi Archie,

Do you have any influence over how the dashboards are "shared"? Instead of sharing dashboards with "everyone", could you get your users to share dashboards only with the specific project or a particular project role?

See the screenshot: https://skitch.com/mtokar/fgm3t/edit-and-share-dashboard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events