Is there a way to authorize a regular jira user a role to create jira account like administrator?

Di Wang July 26, 2011

whether it is only jira administrator can create user? if not, who can create a jira account except administrator in jira? is there a method to give a regular jira user a role to create user in jira like administrator?

I use the interface jirasoapservice(createUser) to create a jira user, it need the administrator login to createUser, so the administrator's username and password exposed in the code, so I want a regular jira user login to createUser.

thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

Unfortunately, that is required. The only other option available is to create a new SOAP method using the SOAP Service Plugin to expose the create user method to other users I guess.

Di Wang July 26, 2011

Hi Jobin,

can you tell me how to create a new SOAP method using the SOAP Service Plugin to expose the create user method to other users?

The jira version which i used is 3.13.x.

thanks

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

Here is a small write-up on it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events