Is there a way to add a note to a Dashboard?

David Hansen March 31, 2022

I would like to be able to add a note/reminder/update to the Team on our Dashboard as a reminder. Similar to adding a sticky note to a physical board. Are there any gadgets that would allow you to do so? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Hansen April 4, 2022

I found a band aid. 
I use the Activity Stream Gadget. Configure it to look at a specific Ticket for the Open details. 

The ticket is written with a specific Title and Description so that I can then display the "Notes" I need. 

I am going to try changing it to look at the Updates for a specific Date to see if I can just recycle the same ticket for the "Notes" I want displayed on the Dashboard. 

2 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Hi @David Hansen 

It is true that you can use some options as a band aid, although it is a pity that there is no "Text" gadget on default Jira dashboards.

That is one of the pain points that our commercial solution solves, Dashboard Hub for Jira and for Confluence. It offers a "Text" gadget to easily add notes on dashboards, with many format options. I created an example for you so you could see it!

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 15.49.50.png

Other features include +70 gadgets, pre-defined templates, external share, custom charts, different chart types, and more.

Hope it helps, feel free to try Dashboard Hub for free if you like it! 

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2022

Hi @David Hansen 

With out-of-the-box gadgets you could try the Wallboard Spacer gadget, and then rename it to your text.

If you need a better, plain text gadget please take a look at the marketplace for addon apps.

Kind regards,
Bill

David Hansen August 29, 2022

I dont see any way to rename a wallboard spacer. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2022

When your dashboard is in edit mode, add the wallboard spacer, and select the ... menu and Rename.

David Hansen September 2, 2022

Are you using the on prem version or the cloud version?

Because I do not see the option to rename in the on prem version. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2022

I am using Cloud, and I do not have a Server/Data Center version to test this.

Suggest an answer