Is it possible to get the component lead value and send the person in the value a e-mail?

Sebastian Pichler November 29, 2021

Hello, 

i want to send a e-mail to a component lead when a issue was created.

Is it possible to do this with Script runner or automation rule or via any other solution?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hello @Sebastian Pichler 

Welcome to community!

The ability to include the component lead as recipient in the email notifications is native to JIRA application.

Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-a-notification-scheme-938847330.html for more information.

Let me know if you are looking for anything specific..

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

Hi, @Sebastian Pichler !

Welcome to the Community!

Of course yes, you can do it out-of-box configuring project notification scheme - Configuring email notifications 

notif.PNG

Also you can create custome email-templates or events with Scriptrunner, for example - ScriptRunner for Jira | How to Automate Emails being Sent 

Good luck! 

Sebastian Pichler November 30, 2021

Hi, do i need to do this (ScriptRunner for Jira | How to Automate Emails being Sent )  for every project or is there way to do it just one time for all projects?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer