Is it possible that the issue of type "Test" does not have an epic as Parent link and has a Test Set

cristina_marcogarrabe March 20, 2024

Is it possible that the issue of type "Test" does not have an epic as Parent link and has a Test Set as parent link?

I would like the type test issue to not have an epic as the main link and only have the test set. I am left with a lot of issues that can be seen from the epic and I think only the Test set should be seen and within the Test Problems. it's possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2024

Hi @cristina_marcogarrabe 

You'd only be able to do this if you modified the issue hierarchy to put Test Set at the same level as Epic.

I'd be cautious doing this though, and think it'd be better to keep them related using linked issues instead.

I'd also check out this article, which has some good detail on how to manage tests - https://www.atlassian.com/devops/testing-tutorials/jira-xray-integration-manage-test-cases

Ste

cristina_marcogarrabe May 23, 2024

Thank you so much Stephen!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events