Integration of Jira Reports

Siddharth April 14, 2021

All

I am using Jira server app in Microsoft teams. Using this app I am able to view Jira issues per the filter I set in teams. 

However I am also interested to bring in Various Jira reports ( Velocity, EPIC burn down etc) for a specific board into my teams. 

Is there any way  to bring in these reports in Jira app in teams?

Regards

Siddharth

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2021
Andreas Schmidt _yasoon_ April 14, 2021

I don't think there is any add-on in the marketplace that allows to embed Jira reports into Microsoft Teams.

@Siddharth  We are working on very advanced Teams app and I'd love to learn more about the use-case. Like who is the audience?
Do these Teams users have a Jira account? Or do you want to make these reports available to external stakeholders?

Like Siddharth likes this
Siddharth April 15, 2021

@[deleted]_yasoon 
I am right now evaluating various features available. The target audience would be all stakeholders who do not need access to Jira (Senior management , teams outside current project etc). External stakeholders may be a possibility at some point but would like to start with internal stake holders.

@Viro Rivas
I am not able to see any reports in Jira server ( we are not using cloud). The existing pages are giving the list of issues per the filer and not the Jira reports

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

What do you mean by "I am not able to see any reports"?  Is there an error when you go to the reports section in a project or when you are trying to configure a dashboard?

Siddharth April 15, 2021

No I do not get error. What I meant is, when I integrate Jira in teams via Jira server app it pulls the Jira issues (based on filter). I am not able to see any option to pull the reports(Like Velocity etc) from Jira to Microsoft teams.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

So you are able to see the reports.  What you mean is "teams does not have any way to generate reports from Jira data".

Reports in Jira are generated from the data by the code when you ask for the report.  The pages you see are not static objects you can just "pull" into other systems, unless your "pull" is pretty much a screen-grab.

You'll need to find or write code in Teams to get it to be able to recreate Jira reports internally.

Like Siddharth likes this
Siddharth April 15, 2021

Suggest an answer