Inplace SQL 2008 upgrade

Travis Sinohui
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2011

Hi,

We have JIRA 4.0.1 on a server that then connects to a SQL server for the database. The SQL server currently runs SQL 2005. We need to upgrade that to SQL 2008. Can we do an inplace upgrade? If not how do we do we accomplish this?

thanks,

Travis Sinohui

KIC

IT Manager

858-945-7237

2 answers

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2011

Yeah I don't see an issues (TEST FIRST though)

Backup you SQL 2005 database, and then do a restore into a SQL 2008 instance.

Then change the new databases compatibility level to be 2008 - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb510680.aspx

Then adjust your database settings in JIRA to point to the new database and boot JIRA

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2011

Replicate your env on a virtual machine you can scrap anytime and do a test. IMHO, you should not have any problems, but who knows ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events