Inability to add a comment on a request

Alexandra BRIOUDE January 25, 2021

Hi,

I have had 3 different pepole telling me they could not add a new comment on a request.

For example, (PSSAM-8071), the person who created the request could not add a new comment.

Or on SAM-13477, 2 participants could not add a comment. But one of them had already put a comment on this same request.

Is this an issue linked to the broswer used ? I know Jira can no longer be used with IE. Thefore we recommand Chrome or Firefox.

On the PSAM-8133, the participant using Chrome could not add a comment. When she tried with Firefox it worked.

Today, the same person managed to add a comment on anther request using Chrome...

Very weird.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Two possibilities that come to mind. Either it is a permissions issue where certain users do not have the permission to comment or the issue is closed when the user is trying to comment.

Hi Jack,

unfortunately it is not the explanation. The permissions have not changed. The issues were not closed...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

I have never observed this behavior if neither was the cause. You mention the permissions have not changed but I would recommend you inspect the permission closely as well as the groups/roles the users are in. While the permissions may not have changed it is possible the groups or roles for the user has.

I confirm that the permissions remained the same.

Also why can't we use Jira with IE anymore ? Maybe there is also an issue (sometimes) with Chrome...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

IE has been EOLed and Atlassian no longer supports. 

Replaced by Edge, right ? Is it ok to use JIRA with Edge ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

according to their article on supported browsers, yes. I don't use Edge so can share my thoughts - supported-browsers 

Suggest an answer